Tuesday, January 18, 2011

My Daybook

 
January 18, 2011


Outside my window...Snowing again.  And our 2nd snow day of the year. This one could get a little nasty because they are saying it may actually change over to freezing rain.  UGH!  That could mean power outage and we are very prone to that.

I am thinking....about how I can convince my hubby to not go into work today.  For some reason he is not at all concerned about today's snow and the multi-car accident on the Interstate that he takes to work.  I know he hates to miss work but it is so stressful when he heads out in this weather.

I am thankful for...being able to stay home today. 

From the learning rooms... We have been pretty easy-going since getting back into school after winter break.  

From the kitchen...I did it!! I got the bread machine out and have made 3 loaves of wheat bread this past week.  It is SO good.   This might just save me an extra $20 a month :)


I am wearing.... Pink fleece PJ's and my son's old American Eagle sweatshirt. I love stealing his sweatshirts now when he grows out of them.

I am creating...still nothing :(

I am going...to have to shovel today.  Yuck! 

I am reading...The Seven Spiritual Laws for Parents by Deepak Chopra

I am hoping....for a smoothe day of traveling to work for my husband in this weather.


I am hearing...My son talking to his friend on X-box live.  

Around the house...I finally took the Christmas tree down.  Well...kind of.   I took all the ornaments off and moved it into the sunroom with just the lights on it.  I was joking about leaving it up all year and even the family thought it would be fun for a little bit longer.  Go figure!  Dave said "be different"...."be bold".  I said "Okie Dokie"!   Now it's an evergreen in the sunroom with pretty white lights.  I may just have to see if I can find some Valentines ornaments. Or maybe Sophie and I can make some :)  Ohhhh  funnnn!!!!!

One of my favorite things....my pink fuzzy slippers.


A few plans for the rest of the week...cleaning and organizing the basement.  I am starting to feel the itch to purge stuff.

From my picture journal ...Kitty Blanket.




My Daybook  is part of the Simple Woman's Daybook

2 comments:

  1. You can make little paper strip hearts. I made some for our Christmas tree this year. So easy and so cute! Love that cat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow your cat is very big..looks like he makes a great blanket! ;) YAY for the homemade, fresh bread. I am looking for a bread maker..I tried using my food processor and it began to smoke! LOL

    ReplyDelete