Tuesday, January 11, 2011

My Daybook

 
January 11, 2011


Outside my window...sunny and cold.  Tomorrow they are saying blizzard will be here with 8-14 inches of snow.  We have had so little snow this year.   It's hard to believe I can see my grass in January...at least for now. :)

I am thinking....about how lazy I have been lately.  I usually have some project going on. Creating something, re-doing something, organizing something.  I am at a loss. 

I am thankful for....our warm, cozy home.

From the learning rooms... making great strides.  Sophie said to me the other day that her "Explode the Code" (grammar) was too easy.  We just started our 2nd book (book 4 1/2).  I explained to her that it "seemed" easy because she has learned so much.  I love it!   We are also working on subtraction a lot lately.  Although she can do it, I still think she hasn't grasped the whole concept.

From the kitchen...I am going to attempt making my own bread.  I have tried before and it was pretty bad..."like a brick"  bad.  But I was reading a blog yesterday and got inspired to try again. 


I am wearing.... Blue fleece pj pants and a grey sweatshirt. 

I am creating...still nothing :(

I am going...to start my exercise program this week ...for sure!  (I wrote this last week but didn't)  Maybe if I keep it here it may actually make me feel accountable. :)

I am reading...The Seven Spiritual Laws for Parents by Deepak Chopra

I am hoping....my children have a wonderful relationship with God.   At dinner each night my husband reads a bible passage.  He just picks something out of the blue and then we talk about it.  One night last week after reading we talked about having a daily relationship with God.  Making Him a force in your life everyday.   As much as we talk about God, we wonder if our children feel a closeness yet.  I think it's common for their ages.  But we had a pivotal moment this past weekend.  My son asked God for guidance at a time he felt he needed to and he came home and said "Mom...it was epic!"   It was at baseball workouts but my excitement is that he actually "thought" about it.   He felt comfortable asking God for guidance.  I was brought to tears.

I am hearing...Spongebob on TV while Sophie eats breakfast.  

Around the house...Preparing for the blizzard.  I think we will go to the store and get stuff to make a BIG pot of chicken and vegetable soup.  It will be the perfect day for it.

One of my favorite things....Smiles!


A few plans for the rest of the week....Nothing out of the ordinary...except for the blizzard part.  Gymnastics Tuesday and Thursday.  Skiing Thursday night again.  Watching the Patriots playoff game Sunday night with friends.  Lots of good hanging out!  




My Daybook  is part of the Simple Woman's Daybook

2 comments:

  1. Check out "Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day" for bread making ideas! Have a good day :)

    http://musingsandmeanderings-mlp.blogspot.com/2011/01/simple-womans-daybook-january-11-2011.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. We didn't get much snow. Originally they said 3-6 inches but they kept downgrading it. We only got a few flurries. I am thankful!

    ReplyDelete