Tuesday, September 14, 2010

My Daybook

 
SEPTEMBER 14, 2010


Outside my window...cloudy and gray right now. We are having a lot cooler weather this week. Yay for Fall and crisp cool days! I don't think it's going to get over 70 until Friday.:)

I am thinking...how much fun I am having starting a "huge" new project with Sophie.  I'm calling it "Woodworking Class for Girls".  Just me and her!  No man help (except to move it into the house when ready). Power tools and all!!  More pictures to come....

I am thankful for....for having a happy, healthy family.

From the learning rooms....We have had several "Ah-Ha" moments this past week and I can't tell you how special it feels to witness it. This is what I pictured it being like. Math and Reading have especially been amazing!

From the kitchen.... Not too much going on here this week. Since we started our new project, I want to spend as little time in hear as possible this week.

I am wearing.... Black yoga pants and a gray t-shirt. Usually my attire in the Fall.

I am creating.... A masterpiece for Sophie's room. We can't wait to see it completed. She is thrilled beyond belief.

I am going... to Home Depot again today probably. I think they are getting to know us by name there :) Thank goodness it is only 3 miles away.

I am reading... "7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens" (with my teenage son)....still.  Does all my blog reading count for this too? :)

I am hoping... that my neighbor's mother is well soon. They are extremely close and I hate to see her sad.

I am hearing....My daughter watching TV.

Around the house....The house is scrapped and powerwashed and all of the paint is purchased. Hubby was very busy this weekend. Now we just have to wait 3 days for it to dry. Of course it's supposed to rain on the 3rd day. This will be the fun part..waiting for the weather to cooperate. I have a feeling I might still be talking about painting for a while.

One of my favorite things.... Getting into my cozy bed at night, taking a deep breathe and reminding myself how blessed I am.

A few plans for the rest of the week....After we finish our schoolwork each day, Sophie and I will continue working on our BIG project.  We have football games Wed. and Friday.  And a very big birthday this weekend that I will be getting ready for as well.  My baby is turning 15!!  I simply can not believe it.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing





My "Daybook" is part of The Simple Woman's Daybook"

2 comments:

  1. Hmm, I am wondering what you're building there. I know you'll share it when it is done.
    Daytimes are still in the 90s here.
    Yes, blog reading counts as reading...it takes time.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't you a regular Ty Pennington! I an intrigued and can't wait to see what you do!

    At the end of the year, our last unit is on the Exploration Period. We are going to be reading The Swiss Family Robinson and are planning to take our play structure and make it into a fort for Dawson. (That should be interesting!) We will also be using the power tools.

    ReplyDelete