Tuesday, September 7, 2010

My Daybook

 
SEPTEMBER 7, 2010


Outside my window...cloudy and gray right now.  We have had gorgeous weather all weekend.  Today is going to get a lot warmer (but just for a day)  Then back to the 70's...my favorite.

I am thinking...about getting back into the swing of things after a long weekend.   I am dragging this morning and have SO many things to do after being away this weekend.  Feeling a little overwhelmed with housework, grocery shopping, running errands, etc. that need to be done later today. 

I am thankful for....sleeping in my bed last night! I can't remember sleeping that great in such a long time. That's what sleeping (or actually not sleeping) in a tent for 2 nights on a leaky air mattress with monkey (my daughter), my hubby and a dog will do for you :)

From the learning rooms...It's another short week.  We will be doing our first Science project making our own Solar system. 

From the kitchen...I am going to make a huge pot of our favorite Chicken and vegatable soup this weekend. We finished the last of it last night and it is so nice to have it there on our sports nights to grab quick.

I am wearing...Gray jammies. I wish I could stay in them all day actually.

I am creating.... Our first knitted scarf. (with Sophie's help) My husband asked me this morning how long it takes people before they get really good at knitting. Hmmmm....what's he saying?

I am going... to remind myself how lucky I feel.  We are all healthy and full of love and I can't think of anything better than that. 

I am reading... "7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens" (with my teenage son).

I am hoping... That I can get my son a new cell phone today for not so much money out of pocket. His was stepped on last night in the locker room by a heavy cleated friend. The screen was crushed  :( 

I am hearing....my husband vacuum for me! He is the best!  Did he just read my mind about being overwhelmed with housework or what? He does love to vacuum thankfully.

Around the house...We started scraping paint this week. UGH...is about all I can muster about that. It's going to be a very long process getting this house painted. But my father in law was right when he said..."just start". So we did.

One of my favorite things... Being with my family. We had such a wonderful time together this weekend. Just being together. It is so easy to get caught up in life and it was so great to sit around the campfire and talk and laugh and be very silly. I feel so blessed.

A few plans for the rest of the week....this week will be very busy. My husband starts his Fall season tomorrow which means not getting home until 8 pm for him for about 6 weeks. We also have 3 football games a week now starting last night. Even though they are busy days, they are great days!

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...Our home for the weekend.  It was a beautiful place with a beautiful view.  If I could only replace those tents with a nice little camper with beds....mommy would be a extra happy girl.



My "Daybook" is part of The Simple Woman's Daybook"

No comments:

Post a Comment